Friday 11 October 2013

How to Cure a Stutter or Stammer

I thought it best to begin this blog with the most important person/business that has influenced my life... the lady who managed to cure my stutter!

When I was at school I developed a stutter. I'm not entirely sure how? I was bullied a lot for being new to the area and I think this, combined with my fearless attitude towards punching someone in the face if they upset me, led to a rather unhappy time at school.
I think I probably stuttered one day and kids-being-kids someone teased me and it stuck. I think also not being popular meant people were continually talking over the top of me.
Eventually the stutter became so bad that I couldn't hold a conversation with anyone - with the exception of my mother (who would give me a loving smile, tell me to stop and then start again slowly).

The stutter stayed with me long into adulthood and affected me in every aspect of my life - working, talking to girls, talking on the phone, pronouncing my own name.. everything!

Cutting a long story short I became friends with a wonderful woman call Isy Grigg, based in Plymouth.
Isy combines several different treatment technique to help people with problems including; EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques, Journey Therapy and Crystal Healing . It wasn't just the techniques themselves though that made the difference. It was Isy's ability to dig deeper - beyond the surface issue - and get to the real underlying problems.

The Journey Therapy for me was the technique that led to the greatest changes. In  relaxed/meditative state Isy helped me to pull away the layers of emotion to discover the underlying problems. And surprisingly it wasn't a situation, a person or anything physical. It all boiled down to the sadness of a little boy who was being attacked for no reason and was doing his best to defend his own heart! All that happened was this little boy didn't have the maturity to understand the situation and so the issues (and the stutter) remained alive within the grown man.

The beauty of the journey therapy was once the matter was address it wasn't then packaged back up and suppressed... There was no issue!

By removing my confidence issues my stutter just began to disappear. The more confident I became in believing in myself the faster is went.

So basically, my personal opinion is there's no physical reason for a person to stutter. In my case it was purely confidence based and hence it can be reduced or removed completely by understanding the underlying reason it was there in the first place.

I would highly recommend getting in touch with Isy if you have a stutter, a stammer... or as I called mine 'a hesitation'. If you are confident enough to be open with your feeling and fears I guarantee you can discover the real you.

If you have read this article and are in two minds please feel free to comment below if you wish more clarification. I'd happily help anyone who was in the same situation as me if it means they can obtain the same feeling of freedom that I now have!

No comments:

Post a Comment